Each year, the Texas Energy Summit recognizes individuals, organizations, and companies that have demonstrated outstanding and/or unique contributions to clean air through energy efficiency and renewable energy actions or programs. Nominations are invited from the public for recognition of leading efforts that contributed to improving the impact of buildings and development on cleaner air and environmental quality for Texas and especially its urban regions.
It is our honor to recognize and celebrate just a few of the remarkable individuals and organizations whose outstanding efforts are making Texas better every day.
Award Categories & Nomination Criteria
Outstanding Commercial Enterprise – For exemplary achievement contributing to clean air through energy efficiency and renewable energy
Outstanding Government Organization – For exemplary achievement contributing to clean air through energy efficiency, water efficiency and renewable energy
Outstanding Non-Profit Organization – For exemplary achievement contributing to clean air through energy efficiency and renewable energy
Outstanding Sustainable K-12 School – For exemplary achievement contributing to clean air through energy efficiency and sustainable practices
Outstanding Government Official – For exemplary achievement contributing to clean air through energy efficiency, adoption of the international Green Construction Code, and renewable energy
Nomination criteria for the categories above:
- Describe briefly how nominee has demonstrated outstanding and/or unique contributions to clean air through energy efficiency and/or renewable energy actions or programs.
- Describe briefly how the actions taken by the nominee can be replicated or serve as catalyst for additional clean air through energy efficiency and/or renewable energy.
- Describe how those actions have resulted in quantifiable energy savings or production of renewable energies.
- Describe how nominee’s actions address any or all of the following additional considerations: a) Innovation b) Degree of difficulty overcoming challenges to meeting goal c) Scope of the work (local, regional, state) d) Contribution to local environmental goals and/or leadership within the nominee’s sector (government organization, government official, non-profits, individuals and commercial enterprises)
Gregg Cooke Award for Excellence in Environmental Leadership – Community service and consummate advocacy dedicated to advancing energy efficiency, renewable energy and championing sustainability while creating economic opportunity and cleaner air.
Nomination criteria for the category above:
- For the Gregg Cooke Award for Environmental Excellence, please submit your nomination detailing how your nominee has inspired others through creative and cooperative problem solving and brought both passion and reason to the pursuit of environmental protection.
Click the links below to see the previous recipients for each award.
*The Awards Committee reserves the right to make modifications in award categories appropriate to recognizing each year’s outstanding achievements; may recognize achievements in any, all or none of the categories; and may designate additional categories for special recognition.